Wednesday, February 20, 2008

something nice, for a change.

This is to continue with the theme that is, apparently, cows. An article about small dairy farms that are, essentially, starting to make it work! Reading this makes me hungry for some yogurt.

[five minutes later]: OK -- I just looked up Maryland Creameries, and I found this one: South Mountain Creamery. It's based in Middletown, MD, and I think that it might deliver to Bmore! I just placed an order to see if it will work. They are not certified organic but their cows are all pasture (grass) fed and they encourage people to visit the farm: always a good sign. They also don't use hormones or pesticides -- organic enough, in my book. My delivery status hasn't been confirmed yet, but once it is, I'll let you all know. Don't fall off the edge of your seats or anything.

If it works, would anyone be interested in sharing a delivery spot (and the $3.50 delivery fee)? Also: possible field trip? Yeah? They milk the cows from 1:30 - 5:00 p.m. ...!

1 comment:

THAO NGUYEN said...

possibly. please tell me when you order.